Finding the ECM Version for Cummins Engines
One way to determine the ECM version on a Cummins engine is by locating your engine serial number (ESN), then creating a free account on Cummins QuickServe. QuickServe will also provide a wealth of other information for your specific engine.
To locate your engine serial number you can poke around under your engine and look for the stamped tag with this info, but an easier way is to find the DOT placards for your rig. On a motorhome these are almost always somewhere inside the vehicle such as on a wall panel, inside a cabinet, or on the inside of a cabinet door. On most Entegra’s they are located on the wall behind the driver seat as show below, the arrow points out the ESN.
Now that you have the ESN follow the steps below to get set up with Cummins Quickserve:
- Go to the Cummins QuickServe site (QSOL) and click the Create an Account link along the left side.
- Next choose the QuickServe Online Free Subscription and click the click the shopping cart icon to start the checkout process (it’s free but you still need to “check out”)
- Next click the Proceed to Checkout button.
- On the next screen fill in all your info, make up something for the required Company Name then click Next and follow the rest of the prompts.
- After a successful check out, you will receive an email with a temporary password. Use that to log into QuickServe and follow the prompts to change your password.
- If necessary, log in with your new password by clicking Enter Site in the top left corner of the page.
- In the upper left corner of the page enter click Add ESN and enter your ESN.
- At the top of the page in the Red bar click Service and then below that click the Dataplate tab. The ECM version is at the top of the page next to Service Information as well as part of the Service Model Name in the Dataplate as shown below.